News from the IKMD
13 February 2014
The new Cochrane Informatics and Knowledge Management Department (IKMD) formally came in to place on January 1st 2014. This department sits within the Central Executive Team and is led by the Head of IKMD, Chris Mavergames, who sits in the Senior Management Team.
Our composition, new roles and a new recruit:
This Department combines the expertise of both the old Cochrane Web team in Germany and Cochrane IMS team in Denmark, but also includes responsibility for the Cochrane Register of Studies (CRS) and all technology needs for Cochrane. As a result of the changes, department staff have new job roles and responsibilities, please see below for further information.
We have also recruited a new Project Support Officer to support the work of IKMD. Tom Cracknell, currently working for the Finance and Core Services Department, will be taking post with us from the...
15 January 2014
A new version of Archie (4.3) is now released, with new features, including:
- New Calendar component
- Improved Advanced Search interface
- Topics for People
5 November 2013
Join us online to talk about the latest Archie features, or any other IMS questions that may come up.
Webinars will run:
1300 GMT, Tuesday 5 November for about one hour (Convert to your local time)
0830 GMT, Thursday 7 November for about one hour (Convert to your local time)
We'll begin with a demo of some of the main new features in Archie 4.2, and will then open the floor for all your questions. The webinar is likely to include features only available to some users, such as Managing Editors, but everybody is welcome.
Having a headset with microphone for audio chat is highly recommended. To join, use the link below and type in your name on the sign...
29 October 2013
A new version of Archie (4.2) is now released, with new features, including:
- Search: user defined sort order for results; run saved searches from Favourites menu
- Topics: now shown and edited in Resources tree
- Reviews: more star colours
- Workflows: lots of improvements for task email attachments
- Translations: easy republication when review changes are trivial
For the full details, see What's new.
If you have comments or questions we'd like you to share them in the forum: http://www.cochrane.org/forum/software/archie/archie-42-released
Should you come across something that is clearly an error, please use the ...
13 September 2013
Come and talk to us at the Cochrane Exchange:
- Come talk to Henrik: We are show-casing some mock-ups for RevMan 6 and we want your feedback on the design of the new features!
- Come talk to Irfan: We will be sharing a demo on Archie for a mobile device, and it would be great to get feedback, and identify what features we should work on next!
- Come talk to Paolo: Have questions about the Entity Website Builder or other web technology, or regarding web content or social media, contact Paolo at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Come and talk to Juliane: If you have a translation query!
- We’re planning on working as one tech team! If you have suggestions or questions about this change - come and talk to us! Provisional or interim name: #CochraneTech - or is there something...